My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit the page Planner's Thoughts at
http://StrattonPlanning.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Personal Thoughts and Reports...

I had the privilege of attending the San Gabriel Valley Chapter of the Financial Planning Association, today, to give a talk on defensive actions planners can take to minimize the risk of malpractice claims. My local FPA chapter consists of a fine group of professionals; I had a good time doing the presentation, and I hope that the members found it informative. Later on these pages, I may periodically discuss some of the subjects of my talk, which included a survey of fee-only planners, primarily under the umbrella of the Garrett Planning Network. The survey (which was not scientific and had 46 respondents) shows that nearly half of the respondents were not covered by E & O insurance.

On another front, today the California Court of Appeal issued a published decision in one of my cases, in my client's favor. The issue was what constitutes a "dismissal" for disability under the disability retirement provisions of the County Retirement Law of 1938, specifically interpreting California Government Code Section 31725. A slip opinion for Kelly v. County of Los Angeles can be found on the California Court of Appeal (District Two) website.

No comments: